Bandar Kinrara Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
21 August, 2014, 04:12:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
17405 Posts in 1397 Topics by 2329 Members
Latest Member: mansa
* Home Help Search Login Register
Bandar Kinrara Community Forum  |  Community  |  Education and Parenting  |  Topic: Which is the best Primary school in Puchong 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which is the best Primary school in Puchong  (Read 12766 times)
Ashley

View Profile
« on: 19 May, 2010, 10:18:35 PM »

Just curious to know does our area Puchong/BK has any good Primary school ? Good in terms of academic. I know PJ area got a lot.
BK6Bee

I am a hard working Bee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19 May, 2010, 11:54:59 PM »

The following link might be useful for your search.

http://directory.yellavia.com/primary-schools/?ct=Puchong&st=Selangor&page=
Sunflower
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 March, 2011, 10:19:33 PM »

I heard "Hang Meng" in Bandar Bukit Puchong is not bad.  But I am not sure. I also want to find out any best school in Puchong. There are some in Subang Jaya that I know off such as Lick Hung and Zhe Wen and Tun Tan Cheng Lock.

I did visit to usj education forum.  The forum there is very informative.  The committee is very kind to share a lot thing about the shcool. I am wondering where this forum can be attractive as them.  Do not misunderstand me, I am not comparing here. Sharing is a beauty.

My son is going to primary school next 2 years. But this year is a registration year for him.  I also heard about home schooling.  I would appreciate if somebody can share with me more about home schooling as well as any primary school issue with me here.
Sunflower
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 March, 2011, 10:22:09 PM »

Thank you BK6Bee, the link you provided is very good.
Luke7689

Lucky Luke

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 March, 2011, 09:16:44 AM »

Eeh.... this is a good question.  I don't know if anyone can provide any answer, the only thing I would say is that government run schools have their limitations.  Even Chinese schools have issues.  So a lot depends on how you want to define 'best'.

Sunflower
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08 March, 2011, 10:40:20 AM »

I am thinking to register my son at Lick Hung Subang Jaya but I stay in Puchong.  I question is, just in case the school accepting me, I may have a problem in transport. Could anybody advise me whether it is advise able to register him at Lick Hung school?

Luke7689

Lucky Luke

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 March, 2011, 01:01:53 PM »

You sound set on sending your kids to a Chinese medium school.  The fact is that the class is normally more dense ... sometimes up to 50 or more students per class, and from my friends who have sent their kids to various Chinese schools, normally most attention is given to the top two classes.  3rd class onwards .... very little attention, up to the kids.

Be prepared to make donation or get other help to get in, especially if you do not lie in the vicinity of the school.

Have you considered private education, where Chinese is compulsory as a subject and supplementing the Chinese with extra lessons outside?
pris
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 March, 2011, 07:26:30 PM »

I enrolled my kid to Chen Moh, near old town this year.   School is less congested, average 30 student per class compared to around 50 for Yak Chee or Ladang Harcroft.  Initially I was in a dillema to choose school nearby for convenience sake or school a bit far but less congested.  It has been 3 months now, so far, no negative comment, homework is manageable.
aeiou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 March, 2011, 01:35:56 PM »

I heard "Hang Meng" in Bandar Bukit Puchong is not bad.  But I am not sure. I also want to find out any best school in Puchong. There are some in Subang Jaya that I know off such as Lick Hung and Zhe Wen and Tun Tan Cheng Lock.

I did visit to usj education forum.  The forum there is very informative.  The committee is very kind to share a lot thing about the shcool. I am wondering where this forum can be attractive as them.  Do not misunderstand me, I am not comparing here. Sharing is a beauty.

My son is going to primary school next 2 years. But this year is a registration year for him.  I also heard about home schooling.  I would appreciate if somebody can share with me more about home schooling as well as any primary school issue with me here.
You don't have the liberty to choose Chinese primary school according to your preference. Puchong SRJK (C) schools are so pack that the yearly enrollment rejection per school are by the hundreds. Students living within the school vicinity are given priority of enrollment. You must register the nearest school or risk your son got rejected.   
Make some noise to MCA, our Chinese representative in the BN Government that we need more SRJK (C) schools.

BK6Bee

I am a hard working Bee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 March, 2011, 06:12:18 PM »

If parents can wait there will be a better school soon in Bukit Jalil. The government has already approved the relocation of Lai Ming School in Jalan Ampang to Bukit Jalil. The land is aprox. 5.5 acres and is near Bandar Bukit Jalil, very near our Bandar Kinrara.
jalee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10 March, 2011, 10:22:19 AM »

Lai Meng school at Bukit Jalil will be under Kuala Lumpur, not Selangor.
BK6Bee

I am a hard working Bee

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10 March, 2011, 01:49:48 PM »

Is it wrong for Kinrara parents sending their children to schools in Wilayah Persekutuan ? My Chinese friends are sending their children to schools all over Malayisia !

If what you said shouldn't be a practice then asked the former ADUN of Kinrara why he claimed that he has shifted a school from one state to another !
« Last Edit: 10 March, 2011, 01:52:45 PM by BK6Bee » Logged
jalee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 March, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »

Not wrong at all to send your kids anywhere you want. It's just that the application will go to a different division of the Jabatan Pendidikan, no? Does one need utility bills with KL addresses to get into a KL school?
BK6Bee

I am a hard working Bee

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 March, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »

Jalee,

If what you suspect is the case then when Lai Ming School has shifted to Bukit Jalil most of its pupils, who are children of ministers, foreign expat, VIPs irrespective where they stay beside Ampang will have to terminate and discontinue studying in the same school.

Should you require to provide any bill indicating that you are staying near Bukit Jalil I am sure you know the way.

Note: Lai Ming is a very good school !
loveharmony

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 May, 2011, 03:52:27 PM »

Hi,  When Lai Meng in bukit jalil will start operate?  I am staying in Kinrara 9, so i planning to find a better school for my toddler who is 2 years old now.  How can i have more information about bukit jalil Lai Meng?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Bandar Kinrara Community Forum  |  Community  |  Education and Parenting  |  Topic: Which is the best Primary school in Puchong « previous next »