Bandar Kinrara Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
26 November, 2014, 06:47:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
17524 Posts in 1416 Topics by 2352 Members
Latest Member: TSM77777
* Home Help Search Login Register
Bandar Kinrara Community Forum  |  Around the Neighborhood  |  Public Facilities & Infrastructure  |  Topic: Flash Flood 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Flash Flood  (Read 4077 times)
tony

View Profile
« on: 21 February, 2006, 11:11:20 AM »

Whenever there is a heavy downpour, a stretch of road between Nero Tiles and Shell station along Bukit Jalil Highway is always flooded
up to 3 feet high causing massive traffic jam right up to Teknology Park. Is the Local Authority doing anything about it?
KK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2006, 01:49:27 PM »

I hear that the strecth of the road until the new flyover to LDP Sunway toll is fall under the JKR maintenance.

I think only the MP/ADUN of this area can help to solve this as previously the MP YB Lau did help on the street light did not function probelm on that strecth of the road.

P/s: Not just flash flood  but also the underground water paip leaking problem after the Shell Station has caused road damaged whick partly contribute the traffic jam.
husagi
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2006, 07:50:38 PM »

YB Lau did assist to unclog the drains along that stretch a while back, I heard. That helped for awhile, but I guess it was only a temporary measure. Now, the flood is back again....

Re: underground water pipe leak, I really dun comprehend it. For a while, I thought that the giant white pipe that's been laid on the opposite side of the highway was supposed to alleviate the leak problem... but I guess not?!

According to someone (I don't remember who -- could've been posted in the forums somewhere...), that stretch of highway supposedly falls into a grey area of jurisdiction, between JKR and MPSJ. So they're kicking the ball to each other's court, much to the dismay and chagrin of the road users.
dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 February, 2006, 09:07:05 PM »

One night, there was a big hole on the road after Shell, where the water leaks. A lorry overturned and a few other accidents occured.

A resident contacted YB Lau and within an hour, he had people there repairing the road. This was mentioned during the A&W meet up.

As for the flood, it's a known occurance during downpour and there have been attempts to channel the water into the drains. But the flood seems to be coming back now and then.
harakiri
Yours truly, at your service...
Administrator

BK4 - Dis IS Ma' Hood Y'all

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 February, 2006, 10:19:29 PM »

The flood rises up to 3 feet? That high???  :o

I always see people get caught in the jam on my way back from work. Because of that, the cars on the opposite side also slow down to watch  >:(

;D
harakiri
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 February, 2006, 10:30:40 PM »

The road condition on top of the hill heading towards Jalan Puchong is in such a bad shape. Judging by the amount of cars on a normal weekday, the road is generating very high number of traffic. Plus the water seepage incident, it has worsen the condition and anyone who is not familliar with the road conditions might get into an accident trying to avoid those bumps and potholes.

The road needs to be resurface.

;D

tony

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23 February, 2006, 01:28:54 PM »

it would be 6 ft underground if car falls into the moonsoon drain :D
28BK3

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 February, 2006, 06:47:12 PM »

KK, are you sure the lights from shell station to LDP have lighten up before  ::). I don't remember anything, I think it has not lighted since installed in 1998, suppose for the Commonwealth Games. Maybe we should inform YB Lau again if he can get the street lamps lighted he.. he... :) The stretch from shell station to LDP is a no man land. Beside the street lights, now there is a serious water seeping out from the ground and the road surface along this stretch is getting bad. Personally, I feel MSPJ should do something about the lights and water seeping problem since Kinrara & Puchong Jaya is under MPSJ jurisdiction. Any comment ?
KK

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 27 February, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »

KK, are you sure the lights from shell station to LDP have lighten up before ::). I don't remember anything, I think it has not lighted since installed in 1998, suppose for the Commonwealth Games. Maybe we should inform YB Lau again if he can get the street lamps lighted he.. he... :) The stretch from shell station to LDP is a no man land. Beside the street lights, now there is a serious water seeping out from the ground and the road surface along this stretch is getting bad. Personally, I feel MSPJ should do something about the lights and water seeping problem since Kinrara & Puchong Jaya is under MPSJ jurisdiction. Any comment ?

Hi 28BK3 ,

Very sure part of those lights was turn ON for about 1 week before goes off again after heavy downpours. (Forgot the actual date..............)  :)

Suggest to consider to report to the Kementerian Kerjaraya 's 1800 Toll free hotline. .................n see what happen :D
dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 27 February, 2006, 10:36:57 AM »

I think no point for anyone to "fix" the lights if it is deemed to go down again after a week or so. Waste resources and people's time only  :D

What we should emphasize to the authorities is to investigate the core of the problem ... perhaps water is causing the lights to burn out, therefore they should concentrate on fixing the water leakage and flood problem first.

Either way, that scretch of road is really screwed up. Will bring this up to my RA.
harakiri
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 February, 2006, 11:57:59 PM »

Dog is right.

The problem is before we can emphasize to the authorities to investigate the core of the problem, we NEED to find THE right authority to do that. No one seems to want to own up for that particular stretch. Maybe we could get some 'people' to iron this 'no-mans-land' once and for all so that we are all clear that particular area falls under which authorities jurisdiction.

Then, only we could bring this matter up to them. Else, we will be barking up the wrong tree.

;D
KK

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06 March, 2006, 04:01:53 PM »

YB Lau have visited the site and will arrange to have meeting with JKR Petaling and LITRAK.

Following is the on-line link from the Chinapress.

http://www.chinapress.com.my/content_new.asp?dt=2006-03-04&sec=local&art=0304lk03.txt

P/s: Nanyang did publish this news on Saturday, 4/3/2006 but cannot find it on-line.

« Last Edit: 06 March, 2006, 05:37:04 PM by harakiri » Logged
harakiri
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06 March, 2006, 05:36:32 PM »

I saw some JKR people and the 4WD the other day at the flood prone area.

They were surveying the place.

;D
husagi
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 14 March, 2006, 07:24:56 PM »

Haih...  >:( Was anyone caught in the flash flood this afternoon, between 5:30 and 6:30pm? Didn't matter which direction you're coming from, since traffic on both sides of the highway was at a standstill. On one side, at the junction of Tmn Perindustrian Kinrara, the road was immersed by about 2-3 feet of flood water. Cars were either stalled or drivers were too scared to brave through the flood. On the other side of the road, however, drivers decided to check out the poor souls stranded by the floods. So both sides ended up being congested.

I reckon there were pretty strong winds in the BK area during this afternoon's thunderstorm since I noticed  a lotta debris from the surrounding trees.
dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01 April, 2006, 10:08:31 PM »

Was at the flood junction today and managed to peek down the side drain. The drain in question was only about 1 feet wide. No wonder it overflows during stormy weather.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Bandar Kinrara Community Forum  |  Around the Neighborhood  |  Public Facilities & Infrastructure  |  Topic: Flash Flood « previous next »